Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3 songs I Like

The song 1985 was made by the band named Bowling For Soup. This song is about a woman who is still living in the past, reliving her glory years when she was a teenager in 1985. She had big dreams, but now spends her time immersing herself in '80s pop culture. Music Icons from the '80s mentioned in the song are: Whitesnake, Madonna, U2, Blondie, MTV, Bruce Springsteen, Ozzy Osbourne, Wham! and Van Halen. Movies from the '80s mentioned: The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire and Pretty In Pink. This song was written and originally released by the band SR-71 on their 2004 album Here We Go Again. I like this song cause i think its good and funny. 

The song I' blue was made by Eiffel 65. Many people thought the chorus was "I'm blue and I'm in need of a guy," and that the song was about homosexuality. The correct translation is "I'm blue da ba dee di," and in no way relates to homosexuality. The group is Italian and their name came from a computer called "Eiffel." The 65 came after a note was sent with 65 accidentally written in and the members believed it was fate and should stay. I like this song cause its really cool.

English songwriter Cathy Dennis wrote the song toxic in 2003 with Britney Spears in mind. Dennis was the female voice of the group D-Mob, who had a hit in 1990 with "C'mon And Get My Love." She had some other hits as a solo artist, including "Too Many Walls" and "Just Another Dream," before writing songs for other artists. She wrote Kylie Minogue's 2002 hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head." The video was released around the same time Janet Jackson flashed her boob at the Super Bowl. The uproar over indecent material caused MTV to banish this, and a few other highly sexual videos to late night rotation. In the video, Spears is shown in a provocative pose wearing a flesh-colored body suit. I like this song cause the video is funny and i like the music in the backround.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,

    I enjoyed reading this post. The Eiffel 65 song is "Blue." The only problem that I found was capitalization.

    Word count: 347 words
    24/25
    1pt capitalization

    love,
    mommy

    ReplyDelete