Friday, November 18, 2011

Thomas Jefferson, Sentences, and Biology

  Here are some biology facts!  Billions of years ago the Earth’s atmosphere was mostly dry and hot. The oceans on Earth were big streams of hot lava. It took about a million years for the lava to disappear rain filled the holes with lots of water and our oceans were born. But we still couldn’t live on Earth because the oxygen had poison.  Biologists believe that the process that created life is called evolution. Primoral soup is the chemicals needed for life years ago these chemicals lived in oceans they weren’t alive but they still moved. With all these chemicals moving around some started to connect.

If I had to pick someone to have lunch with out of people in the old days I would pick Thomas Jefferson. I am assigned to ask him 5 questions.  If he was alive the first question I would ask him is how long did it take you to right The Declaration of Independence? The second on is did you vote for George Washington as president? The third one is what did you think about Britain making taxes for us? The fourth one is if you were in England would you agree with Britain about the taxing us? The last question is if you were also running for president do you think you would win?

Here are some sentences using comparisons with like and as. My cat sleeps as quiet as a mouse. My cat sleeps like a mouse. I like bacon on my burger. My cat feels like a soft little cloud. I love all the cats in my house the same. Here is a picture of Thomas Jefferson!
Here is a picture of Thomas Jefferson!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,

    You said that it took a million years, it was actually 800 million years. You have a run on sentence in your first paragraph.

    You used the word "right", you should have used write. You write very interesting questions for Thomas Jefferson.

    Great sentences.

    You need to do a little more work but this was a good post. :)

    your word count is 271 words.

    Your grade: 23/25
    1pt facts
    1pt run on sentence.

    love mommy :)

    ReplyDelete