Friday, October 14, 2011

what i learned today and a small story

Jupiter has 62 moons 12 of them are unofficial moon's. Four of the moon's were found by Galileo there names are Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. The closest moon to Jupiter is Metis. Metis is Jupiters wife.

I learned that Jamestown is know a island. I also learned that in England the cities are very crowded. How business people made money is they sold stock to the stock holders.

In math I learned about fractions. Factors are number to make a number like if I had to make 10 and I said 5x2=10 5 and 2 are the factors. I also learned that 7 is a prime number cause you can only do 7x1=7.

In English I am studying proper nouns and common nouns. A proper noun is a specific person, place, or thing. A common noun is a person, place, or thing.

Jason went to bed at 9:00. Jason had a big day tomorrow he was going to Target to get a cell phone made by Sprint. When he woke up he got dressed and got in his parents Jeep he sat and waited while his mom drove. When they got to Target Jason's mom opened The Front Door Jason said thank you to his mom He then bought his cell phone and they drove home.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    I asked you to tell me about Jupiter's moons. You really only talked about one of them. You could say a little something about all that you learned. Your paragraph about what you have learned is pretty good. In the first sentence you said "know" which should be now. In math you are learning about Factors not fractions, that is later this year. Otherwise pretty good. I liked what you wrote about English.

    Now let's talk about the story. I asked you to underline all the nouns in the story and you had to include 5 proper nouns. You gave me 4 proper nouns and only underlined some of the nouns. You need to slow down and follow the directions.

    Your word count is 210 words.

    Love mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your apostrophes for possessives, like Jupiter's wife and his parents' jeep...assuming you have learned that already. In the first paragraph, moon's is not possessive, so it should just be moons. A lot of people on the Internet make this mistake frequently.

    Stockholders is one word, but I bet a lot of people don't know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score: 20/25
    1pt apostrophe usage
    1pt know/now, possessives
    3pt directions

    ReplyDelete