Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Vaction, Dulcimer, Fossils.

On Christmas vacation I did lots of fun things. I went to a light show, I got to see some of my friends, and a lot of other fun things. On Christmas day we opened  presents. I got a 3ds, a 3ds starter kit, some 3ds games, clue the game, 3 webkinz, puzzles, a little reindeer, a volcano kit, a weaving kit, a friend ship bracelet kit, a Barbie, and the last Harry Potter movie on blue ray. I like all the stuff I got for Christmas, I hope next year I think ill get a lot of good presents.

 Long ago they didn’t have guitar’s they had the dulcimer! A dulcimer is a stringed musical instrument. It is a wooden box with strings stretched over it that are struck with small mallets. The number of strings may vary. The dulcimer is related to the psaltery and modern zither. It originated in the Middle East and was adopted in Europe in the middle Ages.

Fossils are what’s left of plants and animals that were alive a long time ago. When the plant or animal died, part of it was left on the earth. That part became trapped in the sediments, and the sediments became rock. Once the rock formed, the fossil was trapped inside. Some fossils are destroyed because sediments undergo a lot of heat and pressure when they become rocks, and the heat and pressure might destroy the fossils. Most fossils are found in sedimentary rocks. There are two different types of fossils vertebrate and invertebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Please remember to capitalize proper nouns, such as Clue. Friendship is one word not two. Blu ray is spelled like this. The last sentence of the first paragraph doesn't really make sense.

    I really enjoyed reading about the dulcimer. Your paragraph on it was very interesting and informative.

    You did a really good job on telling me about fossils. I would have liked to know a little more about the types of fossils, what makes them different.

    Overall, you did a really great job on your post today.

    Your word count is 259 words.

    Your score on this post is 23/25
    1pt capitalization
    1pt sentence structure

    Love mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story are very good.It sound like you got alot of nice thing for Christmas.And the other thing you wrote about was something else that I never new about Love grandma W

    ReplyDelete