Monday, December 12, 2011

Poinsettia Day, Chemicals, and Drums.


Today is poinsettia day. A poinsettia is a type of flower. Poinsettia’s are a type of flower that cats can’t be around there is something in the flower that can make cats sick. December 12th is Poinsettia Day. The date marks the death of Joel Roberts Poinsett, an American botanist, physician and Minister to Mexico who in 1828 sent cuttings of the plant he'd discovered in Southern Mexico to his home in Charleston, South Carolina. Poinsettia’s can be red or white. They have 6 to 8 leaves. I have seen lots of Poinsettia’s this month and know I know why.

I was chosen to pick a science topic I picked… chemicals. Science has lots of chemicals. Most chemicals are used for explosions. I probably will use chemicals in high school and college. You halved to be careful with chemicals they can dye your skin which could give you skin poison.

I also had to choose a music topic I chose the drum. Drums are used by hitting the head and it makes a thump sound. Most people have real drums but some have fake play drums. I personally love the drums I always have. I think drums started out as rocks with kids pounding them with sticks. Drums have gotten expensive.

2 comments:

  1. They was some good thing that you put about the pointsetti.And did not know that the 12 was pointsetti day.learning something about them now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    You did a good job. You need to make sure to write the correct word. You used the word know when you meant now. Also you need to make sure your spelling is correct. In the second paragraph, you used the word halved, which means to cut in half. I think you meant to use the word have.

    Your word count is 212 words.

    Your score 23/25
    1pt proper word usage
    1pt spelling

    ReplyDelete